Well, not all of us can keep munching on deep fried pickles for ever without some sort of cardiac risk!
Healthy Fried Pickles Recipe
Author: Fried Pickles Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
Say what? Healthy Fried Pickles? As healthy as you're ever going to get them!
- ¼ cup any type of all-bran cereal
- 3 tbsp very course breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp ranch dressing mix
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 40-50 dill pickle slices
- ¼ cup egg substitute (for reference 4 eggs = 1 cup egg substitute)
- Get the oven up to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Place cereal, course breadcrumbs, ranch dressing, and spices in a sealable plastic bag; squish out the air, and seal.
- Using a rolling pin or other heavy utensil to crush the mixture through the bag into to a breadcrumb-like consistency and put to the side.
- Place pickle slices in a bowl, and pat dry with paper towels to remove all excess moisture.
- Cover with egg substitute and toss to coat. Drain excess egg substitute from the bowl.
- Transfer half of the egg-coated pickle chips to the bag of crumbs.
- Seal and shake to evenly coat pickle chips with crumbs.
- Place pickle chips on the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Repeat with remaining half of the egg-coated pickle chips.
- Bake in the oven until coating is crispy, usually about 25 minutes.
Now go forth and gloat in the fact that your health fried pickles recipe has made you something so delicious, and healthy!